Geographic Information Service (GIS) is defined as the information system designed to input, manage, update, analyse and present spatially related information collected and managed by the municipality.
MMM GIS Mandate
Geographic Information Service (GIS) supports the functions of the municipality in delivering service both into the internal and external citizens. The GIS mandate is lined with the MMM GIS policy.
- Share spatial information and to promote the use of geographic information
- To ensure service excellence within and around Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality (MMM).
- To stimulate integrated and sustainable economic development.
- To improve and sustain financial, human resource and management excellence; and
- To evolve institutional excellence through a thorough going institutional reengineering, and effective long range development planning.
|Corporate User Needs Analysis||SDF Review|
|Corporate Geographic Information Services|
|MMM Feature datasets – Including Naledi LM and Soutpan|
|Corporate GIS Policy|
|Mangaung Metro Map Book|
|ELA (Enterprise Licences Agreement) with ESRI South Africa|
|Assigning and issuing of “Identifiers” to informal settlement households.|
The Mangaung GIS is embarking in issuing “identifiers” to all the informal settlements in Mangaung to enable communities to register to vote in partnership with IEC and STATSSA.
|ITEMS TO DOWNLOAD
|Municipal Demarcation Board Ward Maps|
|Mangaung Metro Cadastral data|
|Mangaung GIS Policy|
Sub-Directorate: Geographic Information Services
Contact Person: Ms Boniswa Taju
Telephone Number: 051 405 8321
E-mail Address: Boniswa.Taju@mangaung.co.za
- T. Mabuza – General Manager
- B. Taju – Secretary
- H. Stander – GIS Administrator
- C. Twetwa – GIS Data Technologist
- V. Vuke – GIS Data Technonlogist
- J. Ratlabala – GIS Data Technologist