1) Notice is hereby given in accordance with the provisions of section 12(3) of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act, 2000 (Act No 32 of 2000) that the Council of Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality intends to pass the following new sets of by-laws:
● Public Amenities Draft By-law
● Buildings Regulations Draft By-law
● Events Draft By-law
● Noise Control Draft By-law
● Public Nuisance Draft By-law
● Disaster Management Draft By-law
● Public Streets Draft By-law
● Encroachment on Property Draft By-law
● Municipal Parks Draft By-law
● Municipal Libraries Draft By-law
● Traffic Draft By-law
● Municipal Land Use Planning Draft By-law
2) The proposed by-laws are published for comments and copies thereof may be obtained and scrutinized at the following places:
a) Municipality’s website at www.mangaung.co.za.
b) Room 313, 3rd Floor Bram Fischer Building, Nelson Mandela Drive, Bloemfontein.
c) Municipal Libraries.
3) Public Hearings for members of the Community will be held as follows:
a) Bloemfontein: 18 May 2015 at 17:00 at Floreat Hall, 19 May 2015 at 15:00 at Kagisanong Hall, 20 May 2015 at 15:00 at Batho Community Hall
b) Botshabelo: 21 May 2015 at 13:00 at Kaizer Sebothelo Stadium
c) Thaba Nchu: 22 May 2015 at 13:00 at Mmabana Stadium
4) Members of the Community are invited to address their comments or representations to the Legal Services in writing at Room 313, Bram Fischer Building, Cnr Nelson Mandela Drive & Markgraff Street, Bloemfontein or send by post to PO Box 3704, Bloemfontein 9300 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach them on or before 31 May 2015. Any person, who cannot write, may come during working days and hours, and during the public participation period starting 24 April 2015 and ending 31 May 2015, to Room 313, Bram Fischer Building, Cnr Nelson Mandela Drive & Markgraff Street, Bloemfontein, where assistance with the transcribing of comments or representations will be provided.
Any queries for clarity in this regard can be directed to the Legal Services Offices of the Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality at telephone numbers (051) 405 8471.