PUBLIC NOTICE: CALL FOR PUBLIC COMMENTS – 21 May 2018 – 15 June 2018
Notice is hereby given in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 4 of the Local Government: Municipal Systems Act №. 32 of 2000, section 11 of the Provincial Notice №. 155 of 2016 as published in the Free State Provincial Gazette of 22 July 2016 and the provisions of the Municipality’s Policy on the Development and Review of Policies and By-laws of 2012, that the Council of Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality intends to review and rationalize the following set of existing policies (Click Document to View / Download):
- Customer Care Policy (DRAFT)
- Urban Open Space Policy (DRAFT)
- Water Estimates Policy (DRAFT)
- Home Stay Program Policy (DRAFT)
- Smoking in the Workplace Policy (DRAFT)
- Housing Policy (DRAFT)
- Youth Development Policy (DRAFT)
- Language Policy (DRAFT)
- Expanded Public Works Programme Policy (DRAFT)
- Outdoor Advertising Policy (DRAFT)
- Public Participation Policy (DRAFT)
- Pre-Payment Water Meter Policy (DRAFT)
- Adopt a Park Policy (DRAFT)
- Spatial Development Framework Policy (DRAFT)
- Indigent Policy (DRAFT)
- Municipal Land Disposal Policy (DRAFT)
- Employment Policy (DRAFT)
- Policy on Development & Review of Policies & By-Laws (DRAFT)
- Parking Policy (DRAFT)
The above-mentioned policies for review and rationalization are published for comments and inputs, and copies thereof may be obtained and scrutinized at the following places:
- Municipality’s website at www.mangaung.co.za.
- Room 310, 3rd Floor Bram Fischer Building, Nelson Mandela Drive, Bloemfontein.
- Municipal Regional Offices: Thaba Nchu, Botshabelo, Bloemfontein and Dewetsdorp.
- Municipal Libraries.
Public Hearings for members of the community will be held as follows:
- Vanstadensrus: 29 May 2018 at 10:00, Thapelong Hall
- Wepener: 29 May 2018 at 12:00, Qibing Community Hall
- Dewetsdorp: 29 May 2018 at 15:00, Morojaneng Community Hall
- Bloemfontein: 30 May 2018 at 11:00, Kagisanong Hall // 30 May 2018 at 14:00, Floreat Hall //
05 June 2018 at 11:00, Batho Community Hall(Friday, 8 June 2018 at Batho Community Hall at 11:00)
- Ikgomotseng/Soutpan: 05 June 2018 at 15:00, Kagisano Combined School
- Botshabelo: 06 June 2018 at 11:00, Nicro Hall, C Section // 06 June 2018 at 14:00, Community Hall, W Section
- Thaba Nchu: 07 June 2018 at 11:00, Barolong Hall // 07 June 2018 at 14:00, Unit 2, Community Hall
Members of the community are invited to submit their written comments or representations to the Legal Services at Room 313, Bram Fischer Building, Cnr Nelson Mandela Drive & Markgraaff Streets, BLOEMFONTEIN or send by fax to 051 – 405 8119 or by post to P O Box 3704, Bloemfontein 9300 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach them on or before 15 June 2017. Any person, who cannot write, may come during working days and hours to Room 313, Bram Fischer Building, Cnr Nelson Mandela Drive & Markgraff Streets BLOEMFONTEIN, where assistance with the transcribing of comments or representations will be provided.
Any queries for clarity in this regard can be directed to the Legal Services Offices of the Mangaung Metropolitan Municipality at telephone numbers 051-405 8471 or 051-405 8934.
Adv. Tankiso Mea – CITY MANAGER